Yesterday, I got an email from StudioPress, they have released a new version of their Genesis framework. So, If you are using Genesis framework, then you will be happy to hear that StudioPress has released Genesis 2.1 with some good features and changes.
It’s been nearly 6 months since we last updated Genesis, and we’d like to say that is a reflection of how stable the Genesis Framework is.
Today, we’re very happy to announce that Genesis 2.1 is now available for you.
Genesis 2.1 is part sensible additions, and part housekeeping. We’ve added a number of the theme settings to the WordPress Customizer screen, so you can watch your changes take place in real-time.
By Author of StudioPress Brian Gardner
Genesis is one of the best framework which everyone want to use it for their website. If you are looking for some good WordPress plugin for your Genesis powered blog then you should check these plugins.
- Genesis Simple Hooks : This WordPress plugin will help you to quickly modify your content by letting you to add html and php code directly in the WordPress admin panel.
- Genesis eNews extended : Genesis eNews extended will create a new widget to easily add mailing list to a genesis website.
- Genesis Featured Content Widget : This WordPress plugin replace the default featured post widget included in the Genesis framework and adds the ability to display custom post types and custom taxonomies.
Now Back To Genesis 2.1, The StudioPress team has done lots of good changes in this version. They have added a number of the theme setting to the WordPress customize screen, so you can watch your changes take place in the real-time.
Now you can easily adjust the things like the layout, breadcrumbs and the way your content archives. If you are installing Genesis framework first time on your website then you will not find Primary navigation extras settings. So, if you want to add custom links like Twitter or RSS then just use a custom menu item and give it a CSS class of right.
You will find the following changes in this version:
- Support Feedblitz as a feed redirection option.
- Allow theme settings to be adjusted in the customizer.
- Prevent unnecessary calls to update server.
- Fixed a Breadcrumb compatibility with WordPress SEO.
- Added support for RTL in the dashboard for Genesis elements.
- Many other improvement and bug fixes.
To Know more about changes check Genesis 2.1 changelog post
Don't Miss Your Free eBook !!
Grab This Amazing eBook To Know About Recommended Plugins For WordPress Users