Pathshala WordPress Theme Review
Are you planning to make money from a learning management system website and looking for an amazing WordPress theme for it? If Yes, Then you don’t have to worry at all. Today, we are going to review one of the best LearnDash plugin compatible WordPress theme named Pathshala which allows you to create an excellent Learning management system (LMS) website. The Pathshala WordPress theme provides an engaging e-learning experience and makes your site user – friendly.
This theme is developed by our friend, WisdmLabs, a Mumbai (India) based company which provides open source development services related to eCommerce, event management, WordPress, learning management system (LMS), API programming and Laravel. They also provide various specialized WordPress services such as theme development, API integration, plugin integration, WordPress maintenance, plugin development and project consultation.
You might also like:
- Best Single Product WordPress Theme
- Best Yoga WordPress Theme For Yoga Instructors
- Best Single Property WordPress Theme
Pathshala WordPress Theme For LearnDash
Pathshala WordPress theme is specifically created for LearnDash; a featured pack learning management system plugin (LMS) which allow you to set up and sell courses, deliver quizzes, award certificates, and download user report. The Pathshala WordPress theme comes with a responsive design means your site will look great on all types of devices such as iPad, iPhone, and Android devices. It is fully equipped with an easy to use drag and drop visual page builder by Unyson framework, which makes it very simple for you to create and edit the pages for your site.
Pathshala Theme Built On the Unyson Framework
The Pathshala WordPress theme for LearnDash is built on the Unyson framework, a framework for WordPress that facilities development of the theme. This framework comes with various customization options such as page builder which allows you to create beautiful pages on your site just by drag and drop different elements. The Unyson framework also provided various useful extensions i.e. automatic backup & restores functionality, support for dynamic sidebars, breadcrumbs for navigation, page builder, feedback, FAQs and SEO fields.
To begin with the review of this theme, we have installed the theme on our testing site and also installed Unyson framework which is required for the functioning of this theme as the theme. We have also imported the demo content to see how the theme works. After installing the theme, you will see three new things have been added to your WordPress Dashboard, i.e., Unyson, FAQ, and Feedback section.
Amazing Features of Pathshala WordPress Theme
1).Easy To Use Theme Setting:
The easy to use theme setting allows me to edit the theme as per my requirement, thanks to developers of this theme to create such user – friendly theme setting. For customizing this theme, you don’t have to edit any code, just go to the theme setting in your admin panel, and you can quickly change the following things.
- General Settings: The general settings will allow you to select your favorite header type i.e. dark, light and transparent. You can upload both site logo and favicon using this setting. It also includes footer text option that displays below the widget area.
- Appearance Settings: This setting only has two options i.e. color scheme and custom CSS. It includes four color schemes i.e. blue, orange, red and teal and you can select your favorite color scheme which changes the primary colors across your website.
- LearnDash Settings: For the customizing the LearnDash powered pages, the developer has given two option i.e. single course page navigation and course thumbnail size.
- Contact Settings: This setting will update the contact template of the theme. If you want to create a custom contact page for your site, then you don’t have to set these fields.
- Social Links Settings: In this setting, you can add all your social media profile which you want to show on your website.
After installing the theme, you have to install the Unyson framework that you can install from the listed plugins showing on your dashboard. The Unyson plugin must be installed for the theme to function and the theme also built on Unyson framework so you can’t run the theme without Unyson framework.
When you have installed and activated the Unyson framework, you will prompt to install some Unyson extensions. You have to install those extensions too for adding some amazing features in your theme. When you clicked on Unyson located on the upper left menu bar of your admin dashboard, you will see the following extensions have been installed by you. Let’s talk about these Unyson extensions one by one.
- Page Builder: The page builder will allow you to create beautiful pages just by drag and drop already created shortcode on your page.
- Backup & Demo Content: This extension will enable you to create an automatic backup schedule for your site, and you can also import demo content or create demo content archive for the migration purposes.
- Sidebars: Usually, we only have one sidebar, but now, you can easily create different sidebars for your pages. This extension will let you add more than one sidebar to a page or different sidebars on different pages.
- Breadcrumbs: This extension will create easy to use navigation menu for the pages of your site that can be placed anywhere on the theme. The Breadcrumbs navigation is display to the users, so they can easily see exactly where the web page is precisely located within the website.
- SEO: It will enable you to have a fully optimized WordPress site by adding optimized meta titles, keywords, and descriptions.
- Analytics: With this extension, you can add a Google Tracking code to analyze the traffic, page views and many other stats of your site.
- FeedBack: The Feedback is a course review fields which helps your users to leave their review on a course taken by them. This extension will replace the WordPress comments on courses with feedback fields with an option to add star ratings.
- Category For LearnDash: This extension will add support for course categories in LearnDash and allow you to create course archive pages based on the categories.
- FAQ Posts: The developer has created this extension to create frequently asked questions on your LMS website. You can quickly create many general FAQ which helps your viewers to understand the services that your site offers.
This FAQ section will allow you to create a series of frequently asked questions which save your time and also helps your viewers to understand the services that your site offers. To create and FAQ page, you have to create a new page, and a shortcode provided by the theme author and then any FAQ you add will be automatically displayed on the page.
For adding any FAQ, you just have to add a question in the title section and add your answer in the content section and then click on publish. The FAQs you add will be displayed in descending order from the time of adding the question.
4).Built For LearnDash Plugin
Pathshala is specially built for LearnDash plugin that provides a responsive grid layout to display all your LearnDash courses on a single page. And with the LearnDash course support; this theme will automatically create course category archive pages.
5).Learning With BuddyPress
When you buy the Pathshala, you will also get a LearnDash BuddyPress Integration plugin (FREE) which allows you to create an ultimate social network for your classroom. With the BuddyPress integrated into your LearnDash LMS, the students can keep track of friends, activities and course progress. Some other features of LearnDash BuddyPress integration are:
- Create social network for students
- Set group leader as BuddyPress admin
- Update course details as activities
- Certificate download option for students
- One Click group synchronization etc.
Other Features of Pathshala Theme
- Responsive layouts
- Contact page template
- Feedback for courses
- Dynamic sidebars
- FAQ support
- Breadcrumb support
- SEO fields
- Color themes
- Contact form 7 support
- WooCommerce compatible
- BuddyPress compatible
- bbPress compatible
- Localization ready
- Font Awesome icons included
- One click backup/restore etc.
- Pathshala Theme Price: $59 (Valid for 1 Year)
- The license & updates of this theme will be valid for one year from the date of purchase.
- After one year, the license key will expire, you will have to pay renewal fees.
- Although necessary support will be provided even after one year (includes bug fixes). This basic support is applicable only on a valid license not on an expired one.
Pathshala WordPress theme for LearnDash is the great option for you to start your LearnDash powered LMS website. You don’t have to install any third – party plugin to manage your LMS website as Pathshala already giving all those things that you want in an LMS internet site.
Don't Miss Your Free eBook !!
Grab This Amazing eBook To Know About Recommended Plugins For WordPress Users