If you want to make changes to your parent theme, then it’s highly recommended to use a child theme to store those changes in the child theme. Most of the persons make changes on their WordPress theme without creating a child theme for their website, and when they update the theme, the changes made by theme vanished. The result, while the site is ruined just because they have not created a WordPress child theme to adding those modifications in the child theme. Just take an example, if you are doing CSS changes on your site according to your client’s requirement, and after updating the theme, all those changes will be lost then what you will do? Don’t worry, to resolve your problem; we have created this post of child theme WordPress plugin which allows you to create a child theme for your WordPress website without touching a line of code.[toc]
Benefits of Using a Child Theme
- Child theme can speed up development
- When the new version of the parent arrived, you can easily update it because modifications are already saved in the child theme.
- A child theme automatically inherits the parent’s theme styles, features, and functionality. You can quickly make changes to your website without touching the parent’s theme files.
- If you are creating a whole theme, then you have to take care of all the possible scenarios, but after creating a child theme, forgot something then you can add that functionality in your parent theme.
You might also like:
Please note that all these child theme WordPress plugin are fully compatible with the latest version of WordPress.You can easily use these child theme plugin according to your requirement.
1).Child Theme Configurator WordPress Plugin
Child theme configurator WordPress plugin will allow you to any theme for common problem easily create a child theme and customize it beyond the options of the customizer. It is specially designed for those who want to customize the child theme stylesheets directly. You can easily create any number of child themes from your parent directory. It will also let you choose from your installed themes (even the existing themes) and save the results in the themes directory. Child theme configurator parses and indexes stylesheets so that every CSS media, selector, property, query and value will be at your fingertips. It also shows you how the customization will look before you save it. This plugin also saves your work so that you can customize the styles in your child themes without the risk of losing your edits. Some other features of this WordPress plugin are as follows.
- User web fonts in your child theme
- Export child theme as zipping archive
- Multisite compatible
- Smart theme analyzer
- Update theme without losing customization
- Quickly locate and edit theme CSS
- Customize media query for responsive design
- Preview custom styles before committing to them
- Make modifications unavailable to the customizer
- Add fallback styles
- Copy existing widgets, menus and customizer options to child theme
- Uses WP Filesystem API
- Change particular background, colors, font styles, colors, etc.
2).Child Theme Wizard
It will let you to create a new child theme without adding any extra tools. You can easily specify a parent theme, customize options such as title and description and click on create child theme.
I would recommend you to use these child themes WordPress plugin for your website as it comes with many features which I discussed above. I have already cleared all the features of a good child theme WordPress plugin. So what are you waiting for?? Grab these awesome child theme WordPress plugins for your website.
Don't Miss Your Free eBook !!
Grab This Amazing eBook To Know About Recommended Plugins For WordPress Users